Note From Jon

Adieu.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

From Russia with Love!

Day four update, probably the last of the trip since we won't have internet access unless we go to a cafe. Today the sun finally came out... and I was inside at museums! The Pushkin Gallery and the Tretyakov Gallery. Tonight I saw Eugene Onegin performed in Russian. Oh the bit of news I forgot from yesterday is that I got our train tickets to St. Petersburg so the trip will continue!Here are a couple more photos:



Update through day three: I have limited internet access so I won't write much but I will try to post a few more photos. The last two days have been rainy but I've still enjoyed seeing Lenin, the Kremlin (with the world's largest bell), St.Basil's, Novodevichy Convent, The nesting dolls (Matryoshka) museum, and watching Don Quixote (a ballet I thought was an opera) at the State Kremlin Theatre. My favorite part of Moscow so far though may be the Metro. More on that later. Here are some more photos.





One day done and everything has gone smoothly. Other than meager success on the airplane I haven't slept in two days so I won't be writing but I will post a couple of today's photos. Enjoy!












5 comments:

ChristoG said...

This is great. You'll be around in August! Looks like you're having fun!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos, Jon!! You knew this trip would totally be worth all the special effort in getting logistics worked out! Keep the photos coming for as long as you can...

Alexandra said...

Amazing photos, Jon! I'm so relieved to know you're alive. Can't wait to hear more when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Is it cold round the year in Moscow? Brrrrrrrr...

Emily said...

I am just now getting around to reading about your Russia trip. I love love love that photo of the St. Basil's reflected in the puddle. And what are all those locks for? maybe this is explained in subsequent posts...