Note From Jon

Adieu.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Live from Labe, Guinea

Chris and I made it too Guinea, with my backpack which arrived two days after myself. Only damage so far is the LCD on my camera that got crunched on the 36 hour journey from Tambacounda to Labe. I guess squeezing 12 people into a seven seat station wagon will do that. We spent a few days in Dakar then went to the beach town of Ndagane for the weekend then set out across Senegal through Fatick, Kaolack, Tambacounda and eventually on down here to Labe Guinea where we'll do our hiking soon before heading to Conakry in a week or so. I'm going to spend some time uploading photos here now as a backup until I run out of time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Thanks for the update and pics, Jon. What an adventure!! Is that an actual bed on which you had to sleep?